Rosin press technology is allowing home-based, natural health businesses and enthusiasts to take advantage of the medicinal properties of the flower with solventless pressing that is portable and produces high-quality oils with high yielding results. When pressed rosin starts with a high-quality product, you can get high purity and high potency results from the comfort of your home or as a small production manufacturer.
What is Rosin?
Rosin is the extracted oil that is pressed from either the flower and/or the kief (those sticky crystals covering flowers which is the pollen) Actually, rosin has become the ‘street name’ for products make as a result of the extraction process. These consumer products include butters, body oils, cooking oils, and food additives.
The beauty of pressed rosin is that it can be manipulated into different forms and concentrations, including budder, crumble, wax, shatter, and sugar. Not only is it fun to experiment with – the extraction of rosin using a solventless press is exploding in popularity with health-conscience consumers. The demand for rosin products is on a steady increase as medicinal properties of the hemp plant are being recognized by the medical industry and consumers.
How is Rosin Made?
The rosin extraction process is safe, very inexpensive, and produces a potent product, typically in the 70 percent range regarding the desirable active compounds. Rosin is made by exposing the flower to heat and pressure. The mechanical process of pressing will yield a rich resin – and without the use of solvents. As the heat melts the glandular domes of the plant’s base material, a rich sap or resin can be extracted by applying pressure – and the resulting oil leaves no residual solvents.
The Benefits of Rosin
A rosin press removes many of the previous risk factors that were involved with the extraction process and has contributed to the rise in homemade products for personal use and as gifts to family and friends. There are many benefits gained from pressing your own rosin and using or consuming your products:
- A versatile flower extract to create your favorite product form and concentration to dab, vape, or consume in salves, edibles, or topicals.
- Fast-acting product – Pressed rosin is a concentrated form of the flower, providing a good potency for a strong effect with just a small amount.
- Easy and inexpensive to make at home or as a small business production with a solventless Rosin press, so you can get up and running in no time.
- New technology for efficiency and safety eliminates the fear of explosions with solvents or permits for working with a volatile substance.
While a Solventless Rosin Press does make it easy and simple to enter the rosin revolution, there is a learning curve to know when you’re using quality base materials and how to apply the right combination of pressure and heat. For businesses that demand a higher production output, electric presses or those powered by pneumatic or hydraulic power are used. But, for small operations and home-based production, a manual press which is crank or knob operated is all that is needed.
Visit us at MyPress Solventless to get started in the revolutionary health benefits found in pressing your own rosin oil from flowers. Our products are designed to be small, lightweight and portable. You will enjoy your pressing experience with easy-to-use functions and all the features needed for correct temperature and pressure application.
Latest posts by My Rosin Press (see all)
- What is Rosin? How is it Made? - August 23, 2019
- Tips and Tricks for Pressing Rosin - July 11, 2019
- Why Consistent Temperature Matters When Pressing Rosin - April 25, 2019