MyPress was designed and engineered from the ground up for everyone. We put safety and ease of use first and foremost in our design considerations. We highly considered portability, storage, and precise control of all the variables to ensure an easy and consistent desired outcome, press-to-press.
MyPress Solventless is a Colorado company of passionate engineers working to improve people’s lives through safety, design, and integrity.
Most rosin presses are machines taken from other industries that are not originally designed to handle the needs of making rosin from your flower, trim, or shake materials. Trying to get the temperature and pressure right with a borrowed technology disguised as a ‘rosin press’ can end up leaving you with a dark, unappealing mess with poor, inconsistent results.
Managing Temperatures with MyPress
The MyPress Rosin Press features an easy-to-read LCD display and easy button layout. The temperature settings range from 100 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit depending on your needs at the time.
Precision Temperature Control Benefits
- Control of temperatures within a precise 10-degree range
- A convenient plate activated timer that counts up when the plates close
- Counter pauses when plates are open and automatically resets to zero once the plates are closed again
This degree of digital control allows you to make the best quality product based on your starting material.
Temperature Ranges for Pressing Rosin
Lower temperatures provide you with oil of a buttery honey-like consistency that’s stable and contains more flavor. Higher temperatures provide you a sap-like consistency with less flavor and terpenes but larger yields by weight.
Here’s a general range of times and temperatures you should use depending on your starting material:
- Flower: Stay within a temperature range of 180-220 degrees for a period of 60-180 seconds.
- Higher Quality Sift: Stay within a temperature range of 150-190 degrees. Limit your pressing time to between 90-300 seconds.
- Lower Quality Sift: Raise your temperature range to within 180-220 degrees. Keep the pressing time to somewhere within 90-300 seconds.
MyPress delivers enough pressure to where you should never need to go above 220 degrees.
Getting the Pressure Right
MyPress plates are made from food-grade stainless steel in order to stand up to repeated presses and can deliver 1400psi as a measure between the plates. Pressure adjustments take little more than working a wrench in ¼ turn increments to raise or lower the plate distance.
The most common formula for calculating pressure accounts for your plate surface size and the maximum amount of weight your press can apply. MyPress’ plates deliver 1400psi as measured between the 3”x3” plates. Efficiently press 1.5g’s of flower or less to deliver industry standard yields. Since Rosin has a shelf life due to oxidation, pressing less material at one time guarantees you have the freshest rosin before it degrades.
Designed with Safety in Mind
We always kept safety in mind while designing this product. MyPress comes with safety features not available on most other presses in the marketplace.
- Silicon feet to protect against slipping on any surface
- Custom-made adjustment wrench included for keeping hands clear of plates
- Air insulated housing to protect you and your surfaces from heat no matter how long you press
- Automatically powers down 45 minutes after last use
- Electrically grounded plates and frame
Gain more control and better output by using the MyPress for your rosin extraction. Call us at (720) 432 – 2332 for answers to any questions you may have.
Latest posts by My Rosin Press (see all)
- Terpenes and Rosin Pressing - November 6, 2018
- What You Need to Know About Micron Screen Bags for Pressing Rosin - October 4, 2018
- How Much Pressure is Needed to Make Rosin? - September 24, 2018