At MyPress Solventless, we understand that making small batch quality rosin will include the consistency that you can only get from an industry-grade rosin press. With easy to use features like adjustable temp with an easy to read display, adjustable plate distance and best of all – no solvents needed! MyPress Solventless will produce industry standard yields with minimum effort. Please review the following MyPress Solventless rosin press FAQ and let us know if we can answer any other question.
Why Choose the MyPress Solventless?
The heat extraction method from a rosin press is the ideal, solventless way to extract valuable, top-grade essential oils. The solventless process consistently produces clean, pure oil every time. MyPress was designed and engineered from the ground up to provide the discerning operator with a safe, portable and easy to operate method for small batch production of high-quality oils. For more information, click here to view the latest tips and tricks from MyPress: My Press Features
What Are the Press Specs?
MyPress Solventless was proudly engineered in the US in Colorado State with production in China. The MyPress specs are listed below:
- Plate Size: The Plate size is 3.07×3.07 inches
- Plate Material: Stainless Steel
- MyPress Dimensions:
- Opened – 16″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″
- Closed – 11.5″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″
- Product Weight: 13 pounds
Are There Safety Features?
The easy to use MyPress rosin press was designed with safety in mind. Safety features include:
- Plate-Height Adjustment Wrench – The plate-height adjustment wrench is included with your MyPress This indispensable tool will allow you to keep your hands clear of the heated Axiom plates while the MyPress is operational.
- Auto Shut Off Feature – MyPress will automatically power down after a period of 45 minutes with no activity.
- Grounded Axiom Plates and Frame – the Axiom plates and frame of your MyPress portable rosin press are grounded with a conductor that serves as a return path for current to protect you from possible exposure to dangerous voltage.
- Air-Insulated ABS Housing – The superior strength of an ABS housing, combined with air-insulation provides energy efficient heat retention by inhibiting heat loss through the air filled wall cavity.
How to Adjust MyPress Plates and Pressure?
Pre-Calibration for Optimum Pressure – The pressure of your MyPress has been pre-calibrated for the flower. We encourage you to take a moment, when you receive your press, to feel how easy it locks without material, then strive to duplicate that same feel with material between the Axiom plates.
Stainless Steel Axiom Plates – To set the optimal pressure for a standard one-gram puck, you will be using the pressure-adjusting wrench included with your MyPress. Watch our YouTube video for step-by-step instructions: My Press Calibration
- Before you start, make sure your MyPress is turned off to avoid injury from heated Axiom plates.
- Open the stainless steel Axiom plates to relieve the pressure.
- Use the included pressure-adjusting wrench to spin the pressure adjusting nut counter clockwise.
- Nex,t close the plates and use the pressure-adjusting wrench to tighten the plates until they are hand-tight.
- Lastly, open the plates and give an additional quarter to half turn.
*If your MyPress is kicking back or will not go into the locked position, you have added too much pressure. To adjust the pressure, turn the pressure adjusting nut counter clockwise to reach the locked position.
What Temperature Range is Ideal?
Temperature Range – Your MyPress applies temperature with precision control to harness the exact temperature needed in ten-degree increments with operating temperatures ranging from 100℉ to 250℉ (37℃ – 121℃). The MyPress LCD display is easy to read and can toggle between Fahrenheit to Celsius with the push of a button. The Axiom plates evenly distribute heat so you can achieve controlled industry specific standards for a predictable end product. Recommended temperature ranges will vary depending on the quality and density of your material:
- 180° – 220°F for Flower
- 160° – 180°F for Powder, and Denser Materials
- 220° – 250°F for Dated or Lower-Quality Material
How Long Will it Take to Heat Up and Cool Down MyPress?
Your new MyPress takes around 6-12 minutes to heat up, depending on desired plate temperature and room temperature. It will take about one hour to cool down; please do not leave the MyPress unattended during the hour-long cool down process.
Tips & Tricks for the Best Yield
How to Produce the Best Yield
For the best yield, we suggest you press between 1 to 1.5 grams of flower. This amount of material will reach the precise height to enable heat transfer with maximum-efficiency.
- Begin at the standard 60 to 90 seconds at 220°F. Make it a habit to record results for repeatable results. Be sure to re-adjust your settings to achieve the maximum potential.
- When pressing dense material or powder, simply adjust the top plate moderately higher. Remember that locking your MyPress with material should feel as effortless as it does without material.
A press sack made from parchment paper will achieve optimal directional flow to help prevent a blowout. Here are directions for an accordion fold technique to set up your parchment for a standard one gram yield using your MyPress: click here for the helpful YouTube video My Press Parchment Paper Folding Technique
- Start by folding your parchment paper in half
- Take the edge of the first side of the parchment paper and fold it in about one inch toward the center.
- Next, fold the inch fold back on itself by half. The fold will be in a ‘V’ shape.
- Fold the other side the same way.
- Now do the same accordion fold on the bottom of the press sack.
- Do not fold the top part.
- When you are finished, you will have three folds that shape the press sack and you’re ready to press!
Choose MyPress Solventless for Quality Small Batch Yields
MyPress Solventless is proud to benefit patients, growers, and customers with a convenient, timesaving rosin extraction method. Affordably priced, MyPress Solventless provides rosin press enthusiasts with a top quality, solventless way to easily produce their own essential oil with a compact, easy to use rosin press. Click here for more information or give us a call at 720-606-6832 if you have any questions, we are happy to help!
Latest posts by My Rosin Press (see all)
- What is Rosin? How is it Made? - August 23, 2019
- Tips and Tricks for Pressing Rosin - July 11, 2019
- Why Consistent Temperature Matters When Pressing Rosin - April 25, 2019